Wednesday 26 June 2013

Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray cautious of Yen-Hsun Lu after overwhelm at Beijing Olympics

Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray cautious of Yen-Hsun Lu after overwhelm at Beijing Olympics



exile to the wilds of Court No 1 for his tea-time struggle with Yen-Hsun Lu, Andy Murray faces only his fourth match away from Centre in his Wimbledon career on Wednesday but he is grainy not to undervalue the Taiwanese.



Murray will be very conscious of the risk of his 29-year-old enemy in their second-round disagreement on Wednesday, recall his defeat to him at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 that provide a central impetus in the Scot’s rise to join the world’s elite.
Murray’s defeat to Lu in China was so maddening that it would ultimately strengthen his resolve to achieve gold-medal glory in London.
Remembering the saturating humidity in China, the world No 2 said: "I was so excited to be part of the Olympics that I went to the opening observance and I was sweating so much. I had arrived present late from Cincinnati and the situation were tough. I wanted to meet all the other athletes and enjoy the whole experience, but I forget that I was there to win tennis matches.
"That is why, after four years waiting for the Olympics to come around again last summer, I was so determined to put it to bed. I knew that I had messed up in Beijing. I learnt a lot from that match."
While Murray might have avenge the Olympic disappointment with a straight-sets victory in Indian Wells this year, in their only other encounter, he recognises Lu as a wily campaigner who reached a Wimbledon quarter-final in 2010 and scotched the prospect of an all-British showdown by defeat James Ward.

0 Responses to “Wimbledon 2013: Andy Murray cautious of Yen-Hsun Lu after overwhelm at Beijing Olympics”

Post a Comment